Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
George Bernard Shaw

Friday, January 21, 2011

#3, Skydiving, Bought and Paid For

It's going to happen. The ticket has been bought and paid for. I have a good friend on board and a deadline is set. Within one year, I'll be jumping out of a plane with a man and a parachute strapped to my back. Am I scared? Terrified! This is the girl who not only gets scared on the little kid's parachute ride at an amusement park, but also hates ski lifts and not a huge fan of top floors. But it's on the list, so I'm doing it. 

Why would I put it on my list you ask? Well, I don't like being afraid of things. I don't like the fact that something as simple as fear will stop me from trying new things and enjoying my life. Skydiving seems like a good way of facing this fear, even if it is a little extreme. Also, it is something me and my friend J have talked about doing for a long time.

J is one of my oldest and best friends. It's kinda funny that although she is probably one of my most logical friends, she is also the friend that is there when I do crazy or stupid stuff. She never judges, but she always has the first aid kit or Kleenex box ready. Like when I decided to pierce my tongue to celebrate passing algebra with a C; she had the ice bags already made up in the freezer. When I decided to drive cross country alone; she was my midway stop with food and coffee ready. This is why I was so excited that she wanted to do this with me. I'll be scared and nervous. But with my best friend with me, I'm sure it will make it easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment