Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
George Bernard Shaw

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

First Camp

Camp is crazy. Twenty kids and just me, Lia, And Valentina the director. I like it though. We try to teach them as much English as we can, but balance that with a good amount of games. Our day is filled with water games, scavenger hunts, and Olympics. It's very tiring.

However, tomorrow is the final day. I enjoy my family and my class. They're fun and relaxing. Italy is relaxing. I swear I look so much healthier. I walk or ride my bike everywhere and play with the kids every day. After work, me, Lia, and Valentina go to a bar (cafe) for campari and to relax. Valentina is friendly. She has big dreams to move to London, but not a lot of confidence. Afterwards, I go to my Cammozzono home, shower and eat dinner wth the family. Which is always interesting. I forgot how nice it is to eat a family dinner. My family doesn't even do that at holidays anymore. The family talks passionately and gestures wildly. We always compare English and Italian words. They laugh when they hear me try to speak Italian. I guess I'm pretty bad, lol. I usually spend an hour after dinner talking to Luca, the brother, and Laura using google to translate. We all practice our new language skills with each other. It's fun. I think this is just what I needed. I feel like a new person, more confident, happier, and just relaxed. Just like the Italian way.

No comments:

Post a Comment