Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
George Bernard Shaw

Thursday, October 6, 2011

2nd Italian Family

I hate Italian trains. So confusing and the people are so rude. It took five trains to get to Cechina. At least I had time to practice my Italian and to mine and Lias surprise can finalloy roll my r's. When I say practice, I mean call Lias mom and ask her how to yell some smack on rude train workers. Lia had fun with this. It made me realize I need to learn th Italian that Rosetta stone doesn't teach!

Anyway, I finally made it to Cechina. A small village on the coast. I'm staying with an older couple and their daughter who is six. It took me awhile to figure out they were the parents and not grandparents. Especially since there weren't a lot of toys about. I'm thinking she's an oops baby, but you can tell she's very much loved. They speak almost no english though. This is going to be a long week.

That night during dinner their nephew came over. He was around my age. From what I gathered from the conversation, he was on his way to a disco, and the father told him to take me. I agreed to go. I had been working so hard all week and had a stressful train ride. A night out would be fun, and the other Italian family was so nice always wanting to take me out. It would be nice to get out. However, the nephew was not ok with this. I didn't get all of what they were saying but there was an argument it seemed about me. At least that's what I figured when the nephew pointed at me. So trying to be polite, I asked what time they would get back. He said six am. I said that was too late, but thanks. Of course the father offers to pick me up whenever I wanted. Another argument happened between the family. I felt very awkward at this pint. I decided this was not a good idea for me to go. This guy was not like my other Italian family. So after much convincing, they believed I was too tired after all. The nephew was rude about it. The mother seemed relieved, and the father went to bed. I appreciated the effort.

O'well, doesn't matter. This has been a long long day. At least they're taking me to Florence tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment