Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
George Bernard Shaw

Monday, October 24, 2011

Naked Mom

So Italy is hot. I mean dripping sweat, can't breath, steam rising from pools hot. Not only is it hot but no one seems to have AC. Not only is there no AC, but no one seems to have fans. I know they make fans. I see them in the grocery stores, but no where I stayed had a fan. Everyone just constantly complains of the heat, but they do nothing about it. I know this makes me sound like a spoiled American, but I can't help it. An open non screened window just doesn't cut it.

This is how I saw my foster mom naked!

It was a ridiculously hot night. I had my windows wide open, and had covered myself with bug spray before bed. Even though I knew it wouldn't matter. I was averaging 10 mosquito bites a night. I slept on top of the covers. In fact, i had never bothered to ever turn the bed down, it was so hot. I woke up around 2am drenched in sweat. I was so hot, I couldn't breath. I needed water. I desperately needed water. So, i got up, pulled on some shorts and peeked out my door. It was dark and quiet except for the tv in the living room was on. I figured the mom probably feel asleep watching it. So, I crept out to the kitchen. I decided not to turn on the lights so I wouldn't wake her. I found a glass and poured my water in the dark. Just as I was closing the refrigerator the light turned on. I turned around and there was the mom completely naked. I mean COMPLETELY naked. We looked startled at each other. I probably stood for a full 30 seconds in shock not knowing what to do. Then I just started sputtering, "scuis, aqua, aqua" while pointing at my glass. She of course giggled, and I rushed past her to my bedroom. No sooner did I reach my bedroom then I laid in bed and realized, damn I needed to go to the bathroom!

This story was the topic of conversation at the breakfast table. Everyone thought it was hilarious. So, I laughed at it too. Although, having the image of 55 year old's naked body burned in my brain is not pleasant to say the least. I do know see what people mean when they say Europeans are a lot more free thinking when it comes to clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment